Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rookie Blogger

As a new person in blog land I have run into a few problems. Formatting for one. Monitoring posts is something I have difficulties with as well. Initially I allowed all posts to go right to the site and as a result got some "spammy" posts. I didn't know how to delete them. So, I now moderate and have accidentally rejected a few posts, by accident, because I have tried to moderate via my phone and have "fat fingered" the buttons! If anyone has recommendations on how to deal with this, I am all ears!

My other big problem is my reliance on spell check. At work I can type things and not even think about spelling because I know it will be fixed automatically. I just need to slow down. Everything does not have to be done quickly!

4 comments:

Jules said...

I think the word verification is the easiest option. It seems to keep the spammers out. And, once you are signed in you should be able to delete offending posts. I know that I can, but Katrin mentioned she has trouble with it too!

Delilah and Rocket said...

Your bloggery buddies give spelling amnisty! :-) don't worry about that. Before I moderated I had someone put a link to a trojan file in my comments. YIKES! Thank goodness for McAfee. Now I moderate comments too and yes I've accidently rejected a few myself.

Take care,
Rocket's Mom

Makin & Tessa (Lael and Neil) said...

Yikes to the trojan virus!

Thanks for the pass. I hope you don't mind that I have added you to the my list of blogs I like to visit?!

Brisztow Jones said...

Hi Makin and Tessa's mom!

My mom says that it is ok to have typos because having only paws to work with means "sometimes these things happen." And if people are critical, they can go "jump in a river!"

She also said that on the MAC I use a little red line appears under mistyped words... normally I can't see these though, because I am color blind. Rut Row!

I think you are just fab for even getting out there.

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones