Monday, May 5, 2008

CGC and Agility

We had CGC yesterday; actually Lael had CGC yesterday. I was feeling a little under the weather. Norm Peterson from the TV show Cheers would have said I had the flu. Regardless, class happened. We have a lot of work to do on the loose leash walking and I think reacting to the loud noise could present some problems. We would like to pass the test but the class is mostly about us learning how to teach the girls better. I think the change in jobs is actually going to help us with training. I am closer to home and have more time in the evening to do the fun work.

We have been having a blast with the weave poles. Makin has slowly started adding some speed. For the class we received a handout with days listed and when we should be moving cages. We have not fallen behind yet! We had a fun class last week. We had one run with a number of different obstacles. It was definitely a week were the handler learned more than the dog. I was a little stressed but learned a lot and I think that it has helped a great deal with working in the yard this week. I think I need to focus on my speed to not getting to amped up. I need to slow down and think about Makin and what she needs from me.

Tomorrow we have our second class on canine stretching and massage. We enjoyed the first week and look forward to the second class. More updates to come after Thursday's weave pole class!

3 comments:

Katrin said...

haha, I heard about your 'flu', maybe you'll learn from it or at least not do that the night before a class! Besides, I thought things like that were reserved for Fri nights? I don't know, never had that experience myself nor do I ever want to.

Glad things are going along well with the weaves! Keep up the good work!

Makin & Tessa (Lael and Neil) said...

Yeah, the "flu". I would like to say that I had a crazy night but I think it was more of the I am getting old thing and was over tired and dehydrated! Trust me, I hate wasting a day like that although the weather was just perfect for
lounging on the couch all day!

Andrew Campbell said...

Great to see that you're keeping both the girls entertained. Learning how to be a good handler, whatever the activity, is always at least half the challenge.

best
A+M+M+J