Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Invisible Wall

Until I read Julie's post I had totally forgotten about the invisible wall. Both Lael and I had difficulties. On the tunnel, jump, box sequence Katrin had drawn a "line in the sand" that we were not supposed to go past. We were trying to get the pooch to go to the box without us. Lael went first and she was funny. I will give her a pass though because she had been working the night before and was a little sleepy! So, props to her for even making the effort to come to class. She hit that line and it was as though someone had anchored her feet. We had a nice laugh about that last night. Well, I had read Julie's blog that day so had forewarning about transitioning, but still acted like an idiot. I ran with Makin and then slammed on the breaks. What did I think was going to happen? I got what I asked for, Makin totally confused on what to do. Jeesh.

We have decided that Makin will be doing the weave pole class next. Now I just have to buy some. I looked quickly at prices last night and they are certainly not cheap. But, I have spent a lot more on stupid, whimsical things and this is a commitment to train the girls. Worth every red cent in my opinion.

I had posted a comment to Katrin yesterday with a number of questions. Let me just say that I did get a response via e-mail and that it was thoughtful, informative, and made me think a lot about my behaviors with Makin and Tessa. I have read the note a number of times to make sure I get what Katrin was saying. I have some work to do.

It's snowing again today. I am so tired of winter and ready for spring and some longer days. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the winter, but am ready to be able to spend more time outside. My bike is loneley and I miss it and I think I want to lie in the grass and soak in some warm sun. But I think the ladies and I are going to take advantage of the weather and go do some x-country skiing with Caera and Adam. Lael is working: bummer.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hey, you are way ahead of the game if you are thinking about this stuff!

Weaves class should be very fun!

Makin & Tessa (Lael and Neil) said...

Excited for it.

Katrin said...

Cool new photo of the girls and the water! They are so polite!

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

Suggestion -- I bought a set of MAD agility poles last spring and they are wonderful. $120 for a very sturdy set of twelve poles (in two sets of six, so if you want to work on just six, or if you're a loony like me you can put them in your living room). http://www.madagility.com/

Don't know how much shipping will be, I ended up buying mine at a trial. (Stuffing a set of 12 poles into a Honda Civic is a sight to see!)

Makin & Tessa (Lael and Neil) said...

Oh; I am loony! Thanks for the suggestion. I will check em out tonight, after I move the dining room table into the basement!