Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring is still in the air - and the darn ticks are back too!

We have been enjoying the lovely weather in the morning this week. I have not been enjoying the ticks. I picked no fewer than 15 off of the girls this morning! I tried spraying them with apple cider vinegar this morning and that didn't do a thing. It was not organic, so I will buy some of that and see if it makes a difference. I will be going to a new park in the mornings though. I really hate putting the chemicals on them but if that is what needs to happen, then so be it. Hopefully a switch in venue will do the trick!

3 comments:

Katrin said...

Oye! Thanks for the notice! I hadn't been planning to start tick checking the boys for at least another week. Guess have to start early this year. Ick!

Makin & Tessa (Lael and Neil) said...

I have heard they are still dormant but when they travel inside with the dog and warm up they will start their "dirty work".

Jules said...

I groomed Carmen yesterday and found THREE ticks! Yuck!!